SELLER’S HOMEWORK – HOUSE
The following instructions are provided to help you make the most of marketing your home:
- Keep all lights on
- Place Glade Hawaiian Breeze-scented plug-ins throughout the home
- Keep all blinds and window treatments open
- Leave during a showing so the potential buyer can experience “their” home
- Kitchen and baths must be spotless at all times
- Home needs to show like a model home during showings, so slide stuff, clutter, and personal photos in closets and under beds if necessary
- Keep lawn mowed and hedges trimmed
- Plant seasonal flowers
- Keep front door area clean and welcoming
- Make arrangements for animals (if any) during showings
- Kitchen counter should be clean and spacious, always put the toaster oven away
- Declutter bathrooms so items such as shampoo and soap or at a minimum on the sink and shower area. Keep toilet seats down.
15 SHOWINGS OR 21 DAYS
- In this market, and using our knowledge of real estate, we like to implement a policy that will help sell your home faster.
- If after 15 showings or 21 days we don’t have an offer, our experience shows it usually indicates the price is too high.
- If that occurs, we like to do an analysis of the price of your home, and it is probable that we will recommend your home be reduced in price.